ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine je razvojni alat (SDK) baziran na svjetski priznatim ABBYY OCR tehnologijama. Njegovi moćni algoritmi za obradu slike omogućavaju mobilnim uređajima da izvode vrlo točno raspoznavanje teksta. Optimiziran je za učinkovito funkcioniranje i sadrži opsežnu jezičnu podršku što ga čini idealnim za developere mobilni i kompaktnih aplikacija koji žele unaprijediti i proširiti funkcionalnost svojih proizvoda
Who Will Benefit From This SDK?
A wide range of organizations and individuals can add the benefits of mobile recognition to their products using this SDK. They include mobile hardware and software developers, scanning and image processing device manufacturers and developers of small footprint, fast recognition applications for PCs.
What Does It Do?
Using this compact-code OCR technology, highly accurate text recognition functionality can be included in applications for tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
What Are Its Key Advantages?
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is powerful, efficient and compact. With it, applications can be made more valuable to customers by upgrading and expanding their functionality. Advantages include:
- Superior accuracy and functionality thanks to world-renowned ABBYY OCR technology.
- Support for multiple languages enables text recognition in 62 languages, including Latin, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Greek.
- Low resource requirements, optimized memory management and efficient loading.
- Support for Android and iOS enables developers to widen the marketability of their applications.
- Optional business card and barcode recognition modules.
- Peace of mind, demonstrated by partnerships with industry leaders who have relied on ABBYY technology for decades.
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine 4.0 is based on second-generation technology that is well proven in devices that have long been on the market. More than 10 years of innovation, development and refinement enable developers to empower mobile applications with cutting edge and high quality OCR.
- High Quality Mobile Recognition
- Low Resource Requirements
- Parallel Processing
- Business Card Recognition
- Barcode Recognition
- Sixty Two Recognition Languages
- Innovative Data Analysis Algorithm
- Two Recognition Modes
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is based on ABBYY’s world-renowned OCR technology – providing highly accurate text recognition from mobile devices. Its sophisticated functionality includes:
- Automatic image skew correction. Photographs taken with a mobile device often suffer image skew, which negatively impacts recognition quality. The Engine enables detection and correction of skews within one degree of precision (the maximum detectable skew angle is 16 degrees), significantly improving the quality and accuracy of mobile OCR.
- Document orientation detection function. Image pre-processing automatically detects the orientation of a page.
- Hyphenation support. If the engine encounters part of a hyphenated word on one line and the second part on the next line, it will join them into one word.
- Confidence level indicator. This function shows the level of certainty for recognized text, allowing developers to set flexible criteria for implementation of proofreading and verification functions.
- Improved data analysis algorithm. The Engines’ image-processing algorithm enables data analysis that discards all unnecessary information in an image, boosting recognition accuracy.
- Spell checking during text recognition considerably improves the quality of output.
- Speed up during binarization stage. A new binarization algorithm speeds the processing time of small documents in European languages (for example, business cards) up to 10-15%. Binarization itself is seven to eight times faster.
- Zonal OCR, which enables applications to recognize text blocks that have been manually set up on an image.
The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine is based on compact code OCR technology and is optimized to work with devices that have small memory sizes – including smartphones, tablets and portable scanners. Features include:
- Upgraded memory management. A new algorithm for memory management enables the software to determine the exact memory size required to process an image. This eliminates the need to allocate significant memory segments in advance, which can impact recognition speed and reliability – ensuring efficiency and fast performance speed.
- The Engine’s code is very compact. It occupies as little as 8 MB of ROM and 10 MB of RAM depending on desired functionality.
Recognition operations are performed in parallel. The number of threads used for recognition is equal to four by default. It is possible to set up custom number of threads. Speed enhancements will be most noticeable for documents containing many lines of text.
The Engine also processes business card images obtained via mobile device cameras or portable scanners. This allows retrieval of information including first name, last name, title, phone number, e-mail, address, etc. Plus, the technology can recognize cards in 26 languages.
Recognition of most popular 1D and 2D barcodes is supported. See The Full List of Supported Barcodes. Several barcodes on an image can be detected.
Text recognition is supported for 62 languages. This includes:
- 23 main languages with dictionary support.
- 39 additional languages with Latin, Cyrillic, CJK or Greek characters – uključujući hrvatski jezik
The data analysis algorithm of the Engine enables recognition and retention of the source document’s original formatting in the output text:
- Preserves multi-column text. The Engine’s Paragraph Assembly function identifies text-block borders, recognizing each block separately – preserving the format of a multi-column text, paragraphs, and text segments.
- Preserves Character Fonts. The Engine identifies the font properties of source text – bold, italic or underlined.
One of two mobile recognition modes can be selected:
- Fast mode. When an image is of good quality, this mode cuts the time required for recognition and processing.
- Full mode. Best for low-quality images, when more time is required to achieve optimal results.
- Step 1: Image Import and Processing
- Step 2: Document Analysis
- Step 3: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Step 4: Result Processing
An image is loaded from memory and prepared for OCR. Image binarization separates text from the background, producing a black-and-white image that is much smaller in size than the color original. Additional skew correction and document orientation detection can be applied.
Automatic image skew correction function
When photographs are taken with a mobile device camera or images are scanned with a portable scanner, image skews often occur, which has a negative impact on recognition quality. The ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine enables detection and correction of skews within one degree of accuracy – significantly improving quality.
Document orientation detection function
Image pre-processing automatically detects the orientation of the page to be recognized (i.e. if it is sideways or upside down).
Document Analysis is a set of algorithms that then analyse the image. It detects letters, joins the letters into words and then into lines of text, and finally, into paragraphs. Additionally, the reading area is cleaned and noise removed.
If the engine encounters a part of a hyphenated word on one line and the second part on the next line, it will join them into one word.
Preserving multi-column text
The Engine has a function titled Paragraph Assembly. It identifies text block borders and recognizes each block separately, recognizing text left to right and top to bottom within each block – preserving the format of multi-column text, paragraphs and text segments.
Preserving Character Fonts
ABBYY Mobile OCR Engine identifies the font properties of source text – i.e. bold type, italic or underlined.
Confidence level indicator
This function shows the level of certainty for recognized text, enabling developers to set flexible criteria for implementation of proofreading and verification functions.
Additionally, spell checking during text recognition considerably improves the quality of the output text.
Detected blocks on the image are recognized using special language and pattern definitions. If dictionaries are available, then the text is also compared to them to improve overall recognition quality. Additionally, each character is assigned a confidence level – showing how confident the recognition engine was in its final choice of character.
There are two mobile recognition modes:
- Fast mode. Most convenient when an image is of good quality, this mode cuts the time required for recognition and processing.
- Full mode for accurate recognition. It is best for low-quality images, when more time is required to achieve the optimal result.
Business Card Processing (optional)
Recognition results are analyzed and the relevant contact information from business cards is extracted. This allows retrieval of information including first name, last name, title, phone number, e-mail, address, etc. Plus, the technology can recognize cards in 23 languages.
Barcode recognition (optional)
This function provides barcode recognition and supports a wide range of 1D and 2D barcodes.
Recognition results can be processed and exported. The developer has full control over the OCR results.
Kontakt informacije za support
Tel: +385 (0)40 343 612